Every effort made on Piney Woods Farm is about building a better future for our community and the next generation. Their mission is to establish regenerative farming practices, so in the future, nutrient dense and healthy food will be available, and provide learning opportunities for the community.
Using regenerative organic techniques, they are focusing on initiatives that make long-term and lasting impacts. With heightened soil health, they hope to provide local communities with better nourishment; to date, they’ve donated over 100,000 pounds of nutrient-dense foods to charities!
On this tour you will:
- Learn about Regenerative Organic and Natural Farming Practices and how Piney Woods Farm is going beyond Organics
- Tour the growing tunnels, fields, raised beds, and orchard to learn about different growing techniques
- Tour the Farm Fertility Center and learn about composting, vermicompost, extracts, & teas
- Visit friendly farm animals: alpacas, sheep, miniature goats, rabbits, chickens, and miniature horses
- Learn about honeybees and Honey House and how they provide so much more than honey
- Visit the old growth forest trail and how we are cultivating mushrooms
- and so much more!
Rules and Details
Tour guests must be able to walk at least 1 mile, and some tours involve some hill climbs. Please note that summer tours are typically during hot summer temps with limited shade. Make sure to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, hat, and protective clothing southern summer days can get warm! When visiting the farm, they ask respectfully that you wear closed-toe shoes.
While we love children and want to cultivate a positive learning environment, we kindly ask that all young visitors be accompanied by an adult.
Please don’t damage the crops or pick any to take home unless encouraged to do so by a staff member during your tour. Please only feed and gently pet the animals with a staff member’s approval and supervision. Due to our certifications and regulations, no pets of any kind are allowed on the farm. We request that no one wanders the farm grounds on their own and that all who visit remain with the group. Above all, we want everyone to enjoy a safe and fun visit to Piney Woods Farm!